<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Having a Ball 

I haven't written about the Jesus May Ball yet, and for good reason - it's taken me this long to recover from the trauma!

Oh, it all started off well enough: black ties and ball gowns aplenty, a touch of magic in the air as we entered Jesus College to be greeted with feasts and marquess, all that jazz. We hung out for a while then I dragged a few MBAs over to the hypnotist's show. When we got there he was just starting and I volunteered to be a subject - BIG MISTAKE.

I was hypnotised, along with 7 others and made to do the strangest things. It's not that I was put into a trance as such...more that he made me not really care anymore about the 300+ audience.

So I started off with an impression of Jimi Hendrix, (which went well according to many), but moved into rather dodgy fantasies which was when it all began to go downhill...

From there I was made to dance Swan Lake with another guy (I was the prince, thank God) and the grand finale was a bizarely erotic dance we all had to do. I seemed to find my Inner Tom Jones, much to the crowd's pleasure. All together I provided about 2 hours worth of low-brow entertainment. It felt like half that.

From then on, I had a lot of trouble adjusting to reality, so I can't say I greatly enjoyed the rest of the night. I tried to erase the memory with plenty of bumper car action. All I got was a very sore neck the next day.

So tip #1 gang - by all means go to a hypnotist, but just make sure you're not the butt of the joke, eh?


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?