<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

De-Strategised 

I've just found out others kinds feel the same way about the strategy presentation as I do. I think it's great getting us to write a case, but getting only a couple of people per stream to present on the basis of their work being the best, sucks. It's supremely demotivating. By all means, pick a bunch of people for balance, but not on quality. You don't want to tell a bunch of driven MBAs their work just isn't up to scratch. Of course we can take it (and I'll shout down anyone who says we can't), but for God's sake, you can't just throw a serious competition into such a collaborative environment.

I've probably got more to say on the matter, but I'll leave it here for now. I just need to go home and eat something.

And that's the other thing...I'm getting pretty damn bored with cycling everywhere. It makes you cold and tired and there are only so many times you can marvel at Kings College chapel on the way home.

Bad day. Started off good (cool visit to Isle of Ely Brewery in the morning), but have only been stewing in my juices since our final strategy session.


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?