<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

The White Stuff 

This is it, the one we've all been waiting for people!

So it didn't snow at Christmas, we can forgive that. Cambridge has finally come through for us with 4 inches of the powder overnight.

Cycling in was equal parts superior technique, luck and fine balance. I didn't get killed once! I was amazed.

I stopped about 5 times to take photos of the colleges and photos of the dozens of people taking photos of colleges. Heck, some were probably taking photos of me taking photos of them!

Ran into my flatmate James, hauling his tripod and SLR across the courtyard of Magdalene, just as I was done with my old, digital brick. We 'swapped' tips and moved on, searching for the next hit. Man, his are going to come out so much better than mine!

Got a few of Kings (didn't everyone?!), the Cam and Trumpington St. Ran into Emmanuel on the way, who rather annoyingly managed to effortlessly pick out great shots for me to snap. He didn't even have a camera!

I would have got there in the end though! Was nearly late for the coach taking us on our factory tour. If you've never seen a factory from the inside, it's a lot like a supermarket (shelves, stackers, trolleys, bored faces, conveyers), just with more screwdrivers.

Now there's a (shallow) thought: to what extent are supermarkets merely retail factories where we do all the work, and pay for the privilege?


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?