<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

A Case of Channel4 

One of the nice things about an MBA is that - if your school is any good - you get to study a case and at the end of the class: lo and behold! it's one of the main characters from the case sitting there at the back, listening in.

That's pretty much what happened to us after cracking a case on Channel 4 (upmarket UK TV channel). We were invited to question him afterward in the main lecture theatre. At some point I decided to give him a hard time. I think it was The Charlotte St Connection; that's where Channel 4 used to be based, and where I used to hang out as a philosophy undergad at UCL, and finally, where I broke up with a very special lady, all those years ago...

I think what really triggered it was the three corporate slogans he showed us, something like:
1 Make trouble
2 Do it first and
3 Enact change

Him"who are our main competitors"
Me "channel 5"
Him "why"
Me "because they make more trouble than you and do things first, and if those are your core-competencies, then you're in trouble"
Him: silence

Hmmm, not sure I wanted that job in media anyway, becasue I'm certainly not going to be offered one now.


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?