<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

Christmas Muppets 

British television at Christmas time is traditionally such a dull affair. The paradox is that at no other time in the year are there so many people gathered round the stupid-box, yet TV folks chose precisely this time to screen the worst of the lot!

Maybe it's because I've been without TV for three months that my expectations were unrealistic, but I'm afraid the only fare that did it for me this year was Amelie and yes, Muppets from Space, both excellent choices.

Shanghai Noon (Jackie Chan) was a bit of a let down, as was Polar Bear Battlefield. Surprise nuggets of the day were Natural World's take on Prince Charles' Highgrove and Some Like it Hot. To be honest, I'd be happy just with re-runs of Magnum!

Yes, I did watch the Queen's speech this year, (for the first time), and no, I didn't stand up, because I'm a rebel like that, see!

Quality time with the TV, ahem, family, was only interrupted by a few hours sporadic work on Org. Behaviour revision. The exam for OB is on the 9th Jan and Acc. & Finance is on the 7th, so plenty to keep me out of trouble.


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?