<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

The Gentleman's Outfitter 

I stopped into A. E. Clothier today (yes, I too am amazed they have a website) to try and find a decent dinner suit for the upcoming Christmas party at Sir Paul Judge's pad in London ("overlooking the Thames", was all we were told) as well as assorted college balls.

Not as easy as it sounds. My first call was Moss Bross on the way into the Judge Inst., but I felt the manager there was a little too eager to sell me what seemed a reasonable outfit although I wondered just how many times the suit had been hired out before. (What!? You want me to buy a brand new dinner suit?? But I'm a stoodent!)

Later on I decided on A.E Clothier on Pembroke Street. It was much smaller than Moss Bross but you felt you were in safe hands there. A couple of old chaps looked down at me over the rims of their glasses and proceeded to fit me out.

And they even managed to sell me some Magdalene cufflinks! Who says you can't buy class?


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?