<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 03, 2003

Defeat from the Jaws of Victory! 

I was right about the strangers. They are in fact fairly new, having arrived a few days after the main lot. I hope they don't feel too left out. I've heard there are a few more still to come, as they decided to skip the pre-course and jump right into the thick of it. It's only been two weeks, but it feels like two months with all that we've been through. I hope they will be able to cope when they arrive.

I had my second game of squash yesterday evening and am happy to report another resounding defeat on my part. If you want to know, I was beaten by the guy (Mark E) who was beaten by the guy (Lawrence) who was beaten by the guy (Ethan) who originally beat me. I guess that makes me the guy to beat!!

What's that? You want the scores? Okay then:
9-7
9-5
9-0
9-1
6-9 (to me)

Well, the good news is that I'm not as sore as I was from the first game, which hopefully means I'm getting fitter :). I should hope so; we're playing a football friendly against the Economics department a week on sunday, appropriately themed as "Theory vs Practice - The Showdown!!"

How's that for fighting talk, Cambridge style!


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?