<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2003

A Strange Limp... 

If you see a fellow walking around Cambridge with a strange limp, then you know it's me. I have just been soundly beaten in a game (if you can call it that) of squash by an MBA classmate - Ethan from the USA and certain muscles are going to take a few days to recover :(

The score?

9-3
9-3
9-0

Oh dear. If we had a referee he would have stepped in to call a halt to the bloodshed. Instead I had to battle on, cursing the generall overindulgence of the past few months. Still, I held my head high (actually I was too tired even for that) as I promised Ethan - who was being really rather nice about the whole thing - that the time would certainly come when I would have my revenge! He humoured me as we parted company at the gates of Magdalene. Nice chap.

Wednesday and Thursday were dedicated to meeting plenty of my fellow classmates at pubs scattered around Cambridge. I have to say, Cambridge, apart from being a global centre of academic excellence, has got 'The English Pub' down to a tee. Wednesday was The Eagle on Bene't Street (opposite Kings College) and Thursday was The Anchor on Silver Street near Queens and by the river. While a fair few turned up on Wednesday, the place was overflowing by the next day.

My head was spinning by the close of play Thursday. Names, faces, spouces, prior jobs, colleges, nationalities. It all got a bit too much but I took a breather back in London as I was dropping my beloved Golf off. I reckon I've met about 30-40 classmates. That just leaves another 80+!!. I wonder how those at the really big schools manage?

Time to do my first weekly shop in Cambridge. No one else has turned up at my flatshare which is worrying as the place has 7 rooms. Where is everyone? The course starts tomorrow - I thought they would have settled by now?!!...

Done a fair bit of reading in prep. for the pre-course, although I don't know how much sunk in. We'll soon find out...

[deep breath]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.

-Henry V

--Listening to... Red Hot Chilli's - Can't Stop. Tune. I like this internet cafe :)


____________
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?